Tuesday 5 July 2011

unwhitstable

It was Unwhitstable on Saturday. A day of improvised music and art at St. Peter's in Whitstable.

For my part in it I had made lots of little ceramic lambs, cast from a plastic toy of Betty's. (She hasn't yet noticed that I had to saw its ears off to make the plaster mould).


These were wandering round the church.


I enjoyed getting back into mould making. Something I haven't done for years. Quite a lot of problem solving required which appeals to me. I also displayed some small bowls in the window niches.


The performances were very good. I really liked the percussionist Mark Sanders. Here is a picture of Evan Parker playing alto saxophone with Matt Wright on turntables and other electronica. The horn you can see is for recording on wax cylinder and is used by Aleks Kolkowski.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a really interesting day.. I like your little lambs, although they have a ghostly quality that's a bit spooky...

    ReplyDelete