Tuesday 28 June 2011

ikat dressing gown


I finished making this dressing gown for myself a couple of weeks ago, but taking photos of me modelling it has proved tricky as I don't look my best first thing in the morning. I've gone for the washing line option instead.


The fabric is a beautiful ikat design I found in John Lewis. It's so soft. I used nearly all of the 3m I bought. I hope they've still got some when I next go, as I'm kicking myself for not buying a little more for a summer top.

The pattern is from my old dressing gown that had been worn to tatters. I cut along the seams and laid the pieces out on the new fabric. The seams are flat-felled so the whole gown is essentially reversible.



1 comment:

  1. This looks brilliant! I have been searching unsuccessfully for some Ikat fabric to make a dress from. Have you seen it anywhere else, or similar?

    ReplyDelete